JOURNAL TOPIC: ["Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett; "Strength, Courage & Wisdom" by India Arie]
Former UCLA basketball coach John Wooden
observed, "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation,
because your
character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what
others think you are." Briefly describe your character and your
reputation. What similarities & differences do you see between the
two?
AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Discuss Prologue to Canterbury Tales
3. You are such a character!
POST
1. In a post to your blog entitled CHARACTER STUDY (I), use in/direct
characterization to write yourself as a fictional character preparing to
embark upon a journey.
- Home
- Member Blogs
- About Montaigne
- Literature Analysis
- Montaigne #2: On Education
- Montaigne #3: On Reading
- The Right to Your Opinion
- "I never learned to read!"
- KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
- Montaigne #4: On Habits of Mind
- The Socratic Method
- Big Questions
- Richard Cory
- A Modest Proposal
- Canterbury Tales
- Résumé Template
- The Art of Hosting Good Conversations Online
- Hamlet
- Lit Terms
- Macbeth
- Brave New World
- SPRING TERM PAPER
- SPRING FINALS SCHEDULE
Monday, October 1, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thank you
As often as I say it, I feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank You. Thank you for your effort, your insight, your willingness...
-
Here are the questions you'll need to ask the author of the story you just read: 1. Did you mean for your story to imitate / describe...
-
Today we are janitors and we are creators. AGENDA: 1. Clean up. Think back on any assignments you missed, or any opportunities for cr...
-
JOURNAL TOPIC: Sometimes ideas from class stick with us and sometimes they don't. Describe an idea that you learned in class that has ...
No comments:
Post a Comment