Wednesday, December 5, 2018

december 5

JOURNAL TOPIC:
Think about the "madness" in Hamlet.  Who's really mad?  The ghost, who's bummed about being betrayed and killed?  Hamlet, who lost his father (and his idea of his mother)?  Ophelia, who lost her father and was rejected?  Laertes, who lost his father and his sister?  King Claudius, who started all this nonsense in the first place?

AGENDA:
1. Journal (*which you can also use to post to your blog)
2. Continue reading Act V

POST:
Why do you think Shakespeare included the scene with the clowns in the graveyard?  What do they tell us about life and death?  (title: THE CLOWNS OF DEATH.  first sentence: "In Act V of Hamlet, Hamlet is returning to the palace in Denmark when he meets two gravediggers.  Shakespeare describes them as clowns, which suggests...")

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you

As often as I say it, I feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank You. Thank you for your effort, your insight, your willingness...