JOURNAL TOPIC:
Some holidays are worth celebrating every day. Feeling grateful makes
us happier, healthier, and more productive, so why not celebrate
Thanksgiving today? Think of something/someone for whom you are truly
grateful, and use today's journal time to give thanks.
AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Hamlet
3. For the win-- er, I mean, break, please post the following before we return 11/26:
POSTS:
1. Summarize what we have read so far (title: HAMLET SUMMARY ACTS I & II).
Note: doing this well will require no less than three paragraphs.
2. Make (a minimum of three) connections between what we've read in the play and your own lived experience of modern America. Think about the
people/characters, places, events, cultures, politics, and values we've
discussed. (title: HAMLET & ME)
3. Memorize Hamlet's "To be or not to be..." soliloquy (ACT III Scene I). You may post your recital to your blog (title: TO BE OR NOT TO BE), or you may choose to regale us with your wisdom in person after Thanksgiving.
ALSO:
It's time to take our classroom community/conversation online. Please
visit at least three of your classmates' blogs and comment to at least
one of their posts. (That means we should be able to see three of your
comments.) If you visit a blog with lots of comments, see if you can
find one that has less and start the conversation. It's always nice to
receive comments :)
- Home
- Member Blogs
- About Montaigne
- Literature Analysis
- Montaigne #2: On Education
- Montaigne #3: On Reading
- The Right to Your Opinion
- "I never learned to read!"
- KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
- Montaigne #4: On Habits of Mind
- The Socratic Method
- Big Questions
- Richard Cory
- A Modest Proposal
- Canterbury Tales
- Résumé Template
- The Art of Hosting Good Conversations Online
- Hamlet
- Lit Terms
- Macbeth
- Brave New World
- SPRING TERM PAPER
- SPRING FINALS SCHEDULE
Friday, November 16, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thank you
As often as I say it, I feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank You. Thank you for your effort, your insight, your willingness...
-
Here are the questions you'll need to ask the author of the story you just read: 1. Did you mean for your story to imitate / describe...
-
Today we are janitors and we are creators. AGENDA: 1. Clean up. Think back on any assignments you missed, or any opportunities for cr...
-
JOURNAL TOPIC: Sometimes ideas from class stick with us and sometimes they don't. Describe an idea that you learned in class that has ...
No comments:
Post a Comment